WHY CHOOSE OLAG?
Our Lady of Grace Senior High School is a private Catholic High School built by the Our Lady of Grace (OLG) Parish, Edina, Minnesota, USA with major sponsorship from Warren and Mary Lynn Staley. It was started in 2012/2013 as a result of the over seventeen-year-old sister parish relationship between the OLG Parish in Edina and the St. Joseph the Worker Parish in Mamponteng, Ghana, West Africa.
This partnership started when Fr. Robert Schwartz was the pastor of the OLG parish. The school, started under the leadership of Fr. Paul Atta Nsiah seeks to set up a model system of teaching and learning influenced by the standards and practices of best schools in the world. Students have access to a wide variety of opportunities and facilities in ICT that bring emery and excitement to their learning. Our graduates should qualify for the best tertiary institutions anywhere in the world or for further training for success in the world of work
- Well qualified faculty and staff
- Quality social and physical environment for effective teaching and learning and life-transforming experience
- Talent Hunt: A team of counsellors around to guide individual students to identify their talents and to help them achieve their maximum potential
- Well- resourced computer and science laboratories to help students in their computer and science practicals
- Well -resourced Home Economics & Visual Arts Laboratories to ensure hands-on & effective practical works
- Value-centered education that ensures that students are formed to become God-fearing, honest, respectful, hardworking & highly responsible citizens of mother Ghana and the world at large
- Extensive co-curricular activities that ensures that each student graduates with a bonus of a learned skill set
- Comprehensive Sports development program that ensures that students train in sports for life & as a life-long occupation
- Leadership training programs that effectively prepare students for life-long leadership and followership
- Availability of school clinic & school nurse to take care of students’ health needs
- Strong relationship with tertiary institutions home and abroad that help students get access to tertiary education after graduation
- Availability of student welfare services that link up parents to the school to ensure free flow of information
- In OLAG, students are prepared to be life-long learners
- Availability of Post- Graduation services to ensure that our graduates get admissions into the tertiary institutions.
CURRENT STATE AND FACILITIES
WHO IS BEHIND IT?
It is under the management of the Local Manager, Rev. Fr. Thomas Oppong-Mensah, the Parish Priest of St. Joseph Parish Church, Mamponteng and headed by Rev. Fr. Sylvester Frimpong. OLAG-SHS is funded and supported by some well-meaning Parishioners of Our Lady of Grace Parish, Edina, Minnesota, USA.