Dear Parents and All Stakeholders,
NOTICE ON CORONA VIRUS (COVID-19)
We are all aware of the current Corona Virus pandemic which is shaking the whole world. In response to this, the President of the Republic of Ghana on Sunday 15th of March 2020 gave directives that are meant to ensure the safety of all citizens and residence of the country. Notable among these directives was that with effect from Monday 16th of March 2020, all senior high schools, both private and public, are to be closed down until further notice.
In the same address, the President also said that final year students are to be allowed to stay in school to prepare for their final examinations which start in April this year.
After consulting with the Board Chairman and the Management of the school, the following decisions have been taken:
- All first year and second year students are to go home starting today Monday 16th of March 2020 until further notice.
- First year and second year students traveling with the school’s organized buses to Accra, Tema, Tamale, Bolgatanga and other parts of the northern regions of Ghana are to leave to their homes at dawn on Tuesday 17th of March 2020.
- All final year students are to return to school starting on Tuesday 17th of March, 2020.
The School Management would want to assure all parents whose wards are in the final year that stringent measures have been put in place to safeguard the well-being of all students and staff. Among the measures are:
- Ready availability of hand sanitizers, running water and liquid soap at all vantage points in the school to ensure constant washing of hands.
- Proper and constant education of all students and staff to ensure that they follow all the precautionary measures necessary to keep safe and healthy.
- Division of students into smaller dormitory and class sizes to ensure that they are properly spaced-out at all time.
All other precautionary measures prescribed by the Inter-Ministerial Committee and the Ghana Health Services on Covid-19 are also being strictly adhered to.
It is our hope that you will all offer us the maximum support and cooperation in these trial moments as we do our best to provide conducive atmosphere for effective preparation for the final examinations.
With our prayerful wishes to you all.
REV. FR. SYLVESTER FRIMPONG