WHY CHOOSE OLAG?
Our Lady of Grace Senior High School is a private Catholic High School built by the Our Lady of Grace (OLG) Parish, Edina, Minnesota, USA with major sponsorship from Warren and Mary Lynn Staley. It was started in 2012/2013 as a result of the over seventeen-year-old sister parish relationship between the OLG Parish in Edina and the St. Joseph the Worker Parish in Mamponteng, Ghana, West Africa.
This partnership started when Fr. Robert Schwartz was the pastor of the OLG parish. The school started under the leadership of Fr. Paul Atta Nsiah seeks to set up a model system of teaching and learning influenced by the standards and practices of best schools in the world. Students have access to a wide variety of opportunities and facilities in ICT that bring emery and excitement to their learning. Our graduates should qualify for the best tertiary institutions anywhere in the world or for further training for success in the world of work
- Well qualified faculty and staff
- Quality social and physical environment for effective teaching and learning and life-transforming experience
- Talent Hunt: A team of counsellors around to guide individual students to identify their talents and to help them achieve their maximum potential
- Well- resourced computer and science laboratories to help students in their computer and science practicals
- Well -resourced Home Economics & Visual Arts Laboratories to ensure hands-on & effective practical works
- Value-centered education that ensures that students are formed to become God-fearing, honest, respectful, hardworking & highly responsible citizens of mother Ghana and the world at large
- Extensive co-curricular activities that ensures that each student graduates with a bonus of a learned skill set
- Comprehensive Sports development program that ensures that students train in sports for life & as a life-long occupation
- Leadership training programs that effectively prepare students for life-long leadership and followership
- Availability of school clinic & school nurse to take care of students’ health needs
- Strong relationship with tertiary institutions home and abroad that help students get access to tertiary education after graduation
- Availability of student welfare services that link up parents to the school to ensure free flow of information
- In OLAG, students are prepared to be life-long learners
- Availability of Post- Graduation services to ensure that our graduates get admissions into the tertiary institutions.
Join the caring family and look forward to a brighter future. We seek to take part in building a better future for all
CURRENT STATE AND FACILITIES
- 24 classroom block, each room is equipped with strong convenience classroom furniture and a laptop computer, projector and fans. Yes, I mean each classroom
Science Resource Centre with well – stocked Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Food & Nutrition Laboratories and a Visual Arts Workshop.
Information and Communication Technology, ICT Laboratory: Air – conditioned with 54 state of the art computers fitted in appropriate/convenient furniture – all internet ready and broad band internet service.
A school library: Air-conditioned and stocked with relevant text and reference books.
Boarding House facilities are available for both boys and girls on campus. You would love to live in these houses – their kind cannot be found in any SHS in Ghana, I can safely vouch on this. Housemasters/mistresses live in close-by bungalows to attend to the needs/welfare of house members.
Water and Electricity supplies are thoughtfully taken care of with six mechanized boreholes scattered around our 37.6 – acre compound and an installed 150 KVa electric generator to power the school for its vital activities to respond to ‘dumso’.
- Kitchen /Dining Hall Complex. This facility ensures clean and hygienic environment for catering services. The dining space can seat close to 800 students in a well-ventilated hall.
- Games and sports. A modern sports stadium with all amenities is vigorously being constructed. Meanwhile a playing field for soccer, athletics, volley ball is available.
- The entire campus is well fenced to ensure proper security.
- These physical structures and dedicated experienced Administrative Officers and Teaching Staff of old and new members give OLAG a blend working towards a future of hope and achievement.
WHO IS BEHIND IT?
It is under the management of the Local Manager, Rev. Fr. Sylvester Frimpong, the Parish Priest of St. Joseph Parish Church, Mamponteng and headed by Mr. Stephen Anokye, a formal Assistant Headmaster, Prempeh College and formal Headmaster of Opoku Ware Senior High School, All in Kumasi. OLAG-SHS is funded and supported by some well-meaning Parishioners of Our Lady of Grace Parish, Edina, Minnesota, USA.
WHAT IS THE MOTIVE?
The motive for establishing OLAG-SHS by the Local Agents and Agency is to provide quality secondary education for young people of this community/district, and for Ghanaian youth in general, to experience academic excellence and holistic formation for life; from the Catholic perspective of fear and worship of God, and acknowledgement of Jesus as our Lord and Saviour, of respect and preservation of life, moral uprightness, honesty, respect for the dignity of labour to improve quality of life, and all which promote peace and good-will among mankind. These and more are the ideas shared in common with our overseas benefactors for establishing OLAG-SHS.
- Boarding students are required to provide themselves with items listed on the School Prospectus.
- On the school bills issued to students, charges are itemized so they know exactly what is being paid for.